Monday, April 30, 2007

Getting Started

Hopefully as I become more familiar with how to use a blog, I will be able to provide pictures, notes, costs, and what ever else we would like to add to this site. I think it's collaborative but I'm not sure yet. We can schedule times in the future we'll be staying at the cabin, also valuable information on the use of certain things in and around the site. I will provide more information as I get smarter on using this. If anyone has inputs they would like to contribute along the way please do.
The picture on the front page is a cabin about the same size as the one we are looking at building. It's similar in that it's got a metal roof, wood siding, a front porch, and a back deck. These are all things I think I would like. What do you all think? I don't think we would have as many windows though. I will write tomorrow when I have more time and I can get everyone's address. I'll also try and add a plan view. Since the dimensions are not on the scanned copy I made. The building will be 24' x 34' if all goes well and it's not too expensive. It's a one and a half story building with a loft at one end for a bed. Rick suggested a spiral stair case to save room. I think that would be cool. Any way, more to follow.

16 comments:

Deb said...

Alex showed me how to add a comment!

robreigh said...

I added a color floor plan for the first floor but it's still unreadable. I will work on the google "documents and spreadsheets" tomorrow. I think that'll be a better way to display the home diagrams. Deb, did you find out if you still have a web site?

Mom said...

Bob,

The plan looks good. Did you say
the loft will hold one extra bed?

Mom

robreigh said...

Yes it will. I'll send you a link where you can see it better. Let me go on line and work on the other site some before I send you the link.

robreigh said...

Check google doc & spreadsheet site for a trial collaborative spreadsheet. Try it out. I'll try and have the master plan checklist soon.

Rick, can you customize the excavation part for the lumber-link system? The info will be in the users manual I sent you. Thanks

RtheE said...

your schedule and mine seem to be located in a different month. You refer to May, my calander calls for the meeting with Rick and moi in June. Am I missing something?

robreigh said...

rthee, Can you try and log in and change the dates? I want to see if you have permissions. Just click on the little wrench below the dates. It should open up into an edit window. From there see if you can change the dates to Jun.

robreigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
robreigh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RtheE said...

I will do that but, there is no wrench, little or otherwise, for me to click on to open an edit thingy. RtheE.

RtheE said...

Am I the sole user of this blog? Alas, no one but me.

robreigh said...

Dad,

Once I get more planning things on here hopefully others will use. Can you try and edit the Master Plan now. I think I add you as a collaborator.

RtheE said...

I made a comment, did the test come through?

Mom said...

RtheE (whoever you are),

You aren't the only user. I'm
observing the process.

Mom

Noj said...

With this entry, I have now officially blogged.

ric said...

Hello, I really like the photo of the cabin. I like the layout but had one comment after going to a lake in Michigan and visiting Emily Riester's future inlaw's cottage. Their Kitchen was on the wall facing the lake. I saw there was a window over the sink, but I am thinking the only thing one would see is the hill. What do you think of flipping the bedroom with the kitchen?